Monday, September 12, 2011

Kelly Rowland Covers Magazine, Answers 12 Random Questions


Kelly Rowland uses some of her spare X-Factor style budget to serve some serious ferocity on the Fall issue of Runway. She is giving good face, good pose, and YASS some good hair, too! KRowls' body is slammin', and I am happy to see her using it to good use while she takes an eternity to start promo for her second single off Here I Am, "Lay It On Me."

Additionally, she was caught by Neon Limelight for their 12 Random Questions segment, and she couldn't have been more gracious and cute throughout the whole interview (she even calls out Bey's bad cooking skills!) Between her spectacular showings on X-Factor UK, her strong if a little boring album, and hard working personality...Kelly Rowland truly deserves to have her place in the current pop/R&B landscape...but can she pull it off? Catch the interview and a Behind-the-Scenes video of her Runway photo shoot!

1. Do you feel like people finally get you as a solo artist?
I feel like they’re starting to. I feel like with this record, Here I Am, as they continue to listen to the record they’ll continue to get to know me as well.
2. You’re one of the nicest people we’ve ever met. What does someone have to do to get you to just curse them the hell out?
Simply being an idiot. [laughs] I just can’t stand people who are arrogant and who kind of take advantage of my niceness because they can feel that, yeah, I am nice, so they try to take advantage of it.
3. You have a few really good friends with reality TV shows. Would you ever consider having your own?
I like my privacy. And I let people get a little peek into a bit of my world just through my friendships like with La La, with Brandy, and that’s the best for me.
4. If we were to take your cell phone right now and leak its contents, would any emails or pictures make headlines?
No! Not at all! I can not do that. I’ve seen too many people have that situation happen to them. I’m terrified of that, so no. You’ll find pictures of my mom’s dog — well, she was my dog, Mocha, my god-kids, me being silly with all of my friends and cousins and all of that stuff. Nothing incriminating! [laughs]
5. Congratulations of being a judge on X Factor! That’s huge!
Thank you!
Are you a nice judge or straight to the point with these contestants?
I’m straight to the point and I’m nice. I’m more so constructive than anything. I feel like there’s so many people who were so instrumental in my life and gave me that knowledge. Who would I be if I didn’t give that back? So I just want to continue to give out different things that I’ve learned over the years to help.
6. There were sparks flying everywhere when you performed with Trey Songz at the BET Awards. That was such a hot performance!
Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Are there any plans for you to ever duet again?
I would love to! Trey and I did the remix to “Motivation,” but it would be really cool to do something else with him. I think he’s so talented.
7. You get down in the kitchen! But out of all your celebrity friends, who would you say is the worst cook?
Probably B [as in Beyoncé]! [laughs] But she’ll be the one to tell you that. It’s no secret!
8. Choose any female singer. Who would you want to be for a day?
I would probably want to be Kim Burrell. Yeah, Kim Burrell. I mean, her…there’s like five people living in her throat to make her do all those tricks and I would just love to know what that entails. [laughs] That would be cool.
9. Whose idea was it for you to pose topless for VIBE and what did you think of the pictures?
For me, Vibe and this article was the first time I felt really comfortable talking about me, my background, even my father, my family, I open up a little bit about DC, my decision making, everything. So, I really bared it all. And for me, the picture was a representation of that, of me being completely exposed, but of course keeping a little to myself as you can see on the cover, I’m covering my nipples, my butt. [laughs] But, yeah, just really feeling like I could bare it all.
10. What’s the best and the worst thing about turning 30?
The best thing about turning 30 is just the experience that comes with it. That was an “a-ha” moment for me. There’s been so many “a-ha” moments at 30. The worst thing, I’m one step closer to my behind falling to the ground and not being able to pick it back up. [laughs] Just the gravity! But you can try to defy gravity by exercising, so it’s still a great thing to be 30.
11. Could you ever be with a guy where no amount of motivation would work? In other words, he can’t get it up!
Oh gosh!….Can he do anything else right? [laughs] If he can do everything else right, we might be working with something. It might be kind of exciting.
That’s so sweet of you to say.
[laughs] I definitely need something to let me know it’s there. Ten-hut! Ten-hut!
12. With 15 years in the business, where do you feel your place in music is? What do you hope people look to Kelly Rowland to provide?
Music that makes people feel good. That’s what I wanted to do with this record. I wanted to make people feel-good music.






No comments:

Post a Comment