Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ABDC's Lady of Fivehead Remains Delusional


Failed femcee and resident fivehead judge of America's Best Dance Crew is reportedly working on music again to head up her one hit, Lipgloss. One person she was questioned about in her recent interview with VIBE was top femcee Nicki Minaj, who she had a reported feud with a few years ago when Her Minajesty rapped "5? Lil Mama you a THREE star!" in one of her first scene stealing verses in Yo Gotti's "5 Star Bitch." In particular, the hip hop magazine questioned her Minaj-esque bob hairstyle.
VIBE: I think the biggest style criticism was thrown at you this past MTV Movie Awards. Bunch of people thought you jacked Nicki’s haircut.

But my cut is blunt and futuristic and Nicki Minaj started wearing that bob on her head after she came to my show, so at the end of the day I know what I do and I know what I possess and I know who I am. I'm a trendsetter. The biggest form of flattery is imitation so I'm flattered. I understand the universal law. I'm not confused, I don't feel like a follower. I started so many things that new artists are doing now anyway –my style, the way I'm aggressive on a track, the way I come through, the way my beat bangs. There are so many things that were borrowed, that I influenced that's happening in music right, so I'm far from discouraged.

To hear Mamacita tell it, every rapper in the game is sitting there watching her one video taking notes on how to duplicate her stunning success. Some people, I'll tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment