Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger Readies US Domination



So now that former Pussycat Doll leader Nicole Scherzinger has finally found some success overseas as well as a shiny new hosting job on the US X Factor (SHOULD have been Paula’s fucking judging spot…grrr), she is finally readying herself for her US comeback. Nicole’s long past of flopping when trying anything solo must make her apprehensive…recently she spoke with Rap-Up.com about some of her plans for her plans:

At the time I was doing my U.K. album, I was really into more dance-inspired music, which is amazing and so much fun for Europe. For the U.S., I wanted to go back to my roots where I started, a little bit more urban sounding ’cause that’s still a very big part of me as well, and I wanted to make sure I wove that into the album. I got a song that R. Kelly wrote, which is amazing. Snoop’s on it. It’s called ‘Peep Show’ and I love it ’cause it actually reminds me a little bit of the Pussycat Dolls, but it’s Nicole. It’s just a really fun and sassy song—a dope song with a great beat. R. Kelly’s such an unbelievable writer. It’s a really hot track I think.”

Hmmm…is it smart to urbanize your currently great dance pop sound, Nicole? Did that work so great for you last time? Even the big names in urban and R&B have been pushing the dance sound over here, and the ones who haven’t flopped (see: Ciara, Keri, Keyshia)…so why do you think you can?

Don’t get me wrong…if she can bring fire and mix in the hotter songs on Killer Love, then I will be even more in love with her. And the XFactor job will certainly help her, although it is to be seen if America will care about her music without her being a judge.

Will Hitzinger become Flopzinger once more?

No comments:

Post a Comment