Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kelly Rowland's Album Snippets Available on Amazon


 The album that perhaps never looked like it would happen is coming after dozens of pushbacks and directions changes. Here I Am by Kelly Rowland is scheduled for a July 26 release date off the strength of her sleeper hit Motivation. I have been a huge fan of all of Kelly's work since When Love Takes Over, especially the dance material. So, it is with a little bit of trepidation that I report that the snippets of the album are finally available on German Amazon here:

Amazon OK...so...I am a huge fan of R&B music, especially R&B Kelly Rowland. And I get that she is finally getting the success in the US she has been seeking with an R&B slow jam. But I am disappointed that her dance side has kept her relevant in Europe (and the US gays) for the last couple of years. Sure she tacked on Commander. Yes she enlisted producer of the moment Red One for Down for Whatever. But for the most part, this is a slow rhythmic album appealing only to her urban audience, which is the same audience that has left her in the dust so many times before for her more successful "sister", Beyonce. If she can get success from it, then good for her. I am just nervous that although I think I will very much enjoy this album...the mainstream consumer isn't going to bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment